• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Model Converter X won't create a .MDL

Country
colombia
Hi to all of you. I have look for this thead but since most people today uses FSX I couldn't find one on FS9. So, I have made an airport ramp in sketchup, 301m long x 105m wide. Then I import it to Model converter X (Development release) It gives me an error that says " Error while loading modeldef.xml file"
But the object loads up into MCX and let me continue. I apply the texture formats for FS and let me save them into a folder, but when I m going to export the model MDL nothing happens. It won't show in the folder. I have in the option menu all the path of FS9 SDK, where I hope so. Any help would br appreciated.
Using Windos 10
Thanks

Attachments

• MCX .MDL problem.png
    MCX .MDL problem.png
    591.3 KB · Views: 737

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Looks like everything wasn't setup for fs2004.... Makemdl wasn't found.

Country
colombia
Hi Pyscen, thanks for your reply. When I tried the first time it wasn't but then I went into options tab and update the makemdl path, and it is stil won't convert to MDL

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
What error(s) is it coming up with now?

Give us screen shots of the setup options to.

Country
colombia
Hi again. Here are the screen shots.
At first when I load up a collada file in MCX, it gives me an xml error. You can read it in the loading screen shot.

Attachments

• Loading to MXC a collada file.png
    Loading to MXC a collada file.png
    520.7 KB · Views: 775
Country
colombia
Here are the screen shots of the option path. I would lod up General, Importer, Exporteer, Texture, Object Model and FS Related. If you need the others, please let me know.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Option-General settings.png
    Option-General settings.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 759
  • Option-Importerl settings.png
    Option-Importerl settings.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 760
  • Option-Export settings.png
    Option-Export settings.png
    259.5 KB · Views: 531
  • Option-Texture settings.png
    Option-Texture settings.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 794
  • Option-Object model settings.png
    Option-Object model settings.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 922
  • Option-FS Related settings.png
    Option-FS Related settings.png
    181.1 KB · Views: 550

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The modeldef.xml error means that either you don't have the file specified or that the file itself contains an error. But this is not something to worry about, unless your model has animations.

It seems you have the MakeMDL.exe path set to an installer (setup.exe), that is weird. You need to make sure the MakeMDL SDK is instaled on your machine and then you can specify the path tot the MakeMDL.exe application.

Country
colombia
Hi Arno, I do not know why the FS2004 SDK make model comes as set up and when I click as an administrator to open it, it just opens like a makemdl_sdk_setup and it does not give me the .exe .

I downloaded the one for fs2002, will it work? please take a look at the image. Thanks

Attachments

• makemdl.png
    makemdl.png
    259.9 KB · Views: 635

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

When you run the setup it should ask you for a folder where the SDK should be installed. In that folder you should find the exe afterwards.

I would not use the FS2002 version. FS2004 and FS2002 use different formats for scenery, so you will not get the rid results (in FS2002 scenery objects are not MDL files for example).

Country
colombia
Thanks Arno, the things is that does not ask for a folder, it gives me 3 options, modify, repair, or remove. I will hit remove and then install again and see what happens

Country
colombia
Done Arno, I did remove it and install it again and ask for a folder, Everything works!!! Thank you