P3Dv4 Dynamic Lighting

As Arno said in the post below yours, you may have a bgl library - that means every object/model in this library is separate.

You can only apply effects on a model separate, not on libraries.

So a solution for your problem would be to place all the objects in one mdl file. Then you apply your effects and place it by using the placement tool in MCX.

I will certainly give this a try!

Hi there!

I luckily found out by myself how to create dynamic lights for aprons for example, so I made a video to make it a bit more simple. IDK if I can share my YouTube link in this forum.

Really thanks for the video! It is very helpful!
I have two issues / questions:

Unfortunately from MCX the spotlight FX is not generated. It should be generated next to the mdl file, correct?

Why is it necessary to have the video_text.fx anyway? The spotlight alone would not be enough? What is the function of that effect?

Thanks a lot!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The spotlight effect is only generated when you make a P3Dv4 mdl file, is that what you did?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Let me check, it might have made a mistake that it only does for v4 and not for v4.4.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
4.2? MCX only had v4 MDL and v4.4 MDL as output options. So which one you used?

But I'll check tonight.

Really thanks for the video! It is very helpful!
I have two issues / questions:

Unfortunately from MCX the spotlight FX is not generated. It should be generated next to the mdl file, correct?

Why is it necessary to have the video_text.fx anyway? The spotlight alone would not be enough? What is the function of that effect?

Thanks a lot!
Hi!

The effect file from Visual FX alone won't work ( and same for the inverted way, so MCX spotlight only won't work either ).

Hope that will help you,

Norvin.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
As I thought there was indeed a bug that the effect was not written for the P3D v4.4 output. That will be fixed in the next development release.

Not sure why the v4 output did not work in your case, that should write the FX file.