• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

-RELEASED- Bremen International Airport | EDDW | BRE

Country
germany
Airside lights are all placed...textures rendering right now...
IPZ24nT.png

Country
netherlands
Wow Jetman, really have a lot of respect for this!! It looks stunning. Two questions from a starting developer :)
1. Which modeling program do you use?
2. How do you get all the 'textures' you need for buildings? Since there's no program like Google Building Maker anymore, it seems really hard to get matching real life textures.

Country
germany
Thanks!
I use 3dsMax and all textures are basically handmade. I set them up in layers and add the details one after the other. It is more work than just taking photos but you can make sure there are no distorsions and everything turns out just as you want it to be...

Country
netherlands
Late reply from my side hahah, but thanks man! Do you use photoshop for the texture creation? Kinda looking for a decent 'tutorial' on how to actually create good-looking textures yourself.. So let's start with the right program :D

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Bremen International will be the next big hit. I'm really looking forward to that. Great work so far!

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
A question. The second picture from the bottom, with the rows of seats in the terminal. Is this a rendered image (3-D software), or is this a screenshot from the flight simulator? That looks deceptively real.

Country
germany
At last lighting that comes without that excessive light effects, especially on the floodmasts. Smooth and silk lights - never seen that better anywhere else...

Country
germany
PuA2pJ1.png

Merry Christmas to everyone! :santahat:

Unfortunately Santa will not be able to bring you Bremen on time for some holiday flying -but: The project is now down to the correction of errors and the implementation of some additional things such as dynamic lightning and adjusting the animated traffic and blending with different surroundings. But it should not take too long anymore...

Although we have no snow in Bremen right now (and unfortunately not too often anyway), I thought it is nice to see the airport covered in snow...enjoy the next days!

deGmHak.png

sKArCz2.png

r7sY4yp.png

dka23QL.png

QBfM4jn.png

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
In the meantime, I have come to the firm conviction that these are real photos of the right Bremen Airport. You edited the pictures with Photoshop until they look like they came from the flight simulator :)

Country
germany
The pictures look right, really great. Even the first ones from august 17 promise an outstanding EDDW which I as Friese wait long, long for the P3Dv4.
I would have liked to put it under the Christmas tree, but good thing wants to have it..
Then I wait for next Christmas or maybe at Easter? :stirthepo

Merry christmas and a healthy successful new year.

Country
germany
Happy New Year to everyone!

Bremen is now done and entering beta within the next days. Thanks for following the progress over such a long period and thank you so much for your kind feedback thoughout the last year.

BRE_45.png

I will also take the chance to mention my 2019 projects now:
With the end of Bremen I already started basic work with Hurghada | HRG | HEGN today (returning to the country of my very first airport). It will be followed by another northern German airport. I think Hamburg | HAM | EDDH (I really love the city and will spent quite some time for flight training there in 2019) also deserves a high quality rendition of the airport and depending on the development progress Münster-Osnabrück | FMO | EDDG will have a good chance to receive some attention...

An interesting 2019 lies ahead...

All the best!