• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Released! Marsa Alam, Egypt

Country
germany
Hi Jetman! Can you a few screenshots from the air making where you see the environment? Thank you

Country
germany
Quick note:
The work continues but there is not much to show at the moment. Many of the missing objects are done but not yet integrated into the scenery while some existing textures and objects were facing a last makeover to fix minor problems or enhance the realistic look. As soon as there is more progress to show I will post new screenshots for sure.

Country
italy
Hi jetman. I'm sure the airport is progressing well. A question: can You give an estimated release date. N.B. I'm not asking You the date and the hour of release, i'm only asking You an approximative date. Maybe a month , a week, Two months. Thank You, Mattia

Country
germany
The airport is finished when it's finished. Dear little longer but to wait until the release then get a very good quality. ;)

Country
germany
All modeling and texturing of the airport itself is completed now!
Next on the list are the night textures, animations, and the surrounding resorts and infrastructure.
No release date can be announced so far but I am sure it will be available before it is 2016 ;-)
You can expect P3D(v2) compatibility but at the moment FS9 is not focused.

New Screenshots will follow this weekend!

Country
germany
Sorry for being late withe the newest screenshots, but I was pretty busy with other things and additionally had to sort out some problems with missing elements after export.
Most of the road lights are still missing for unknown reasons as they exist in the original max-file as well as they do in MCX. They share the same texture with the lights around the apron so it cannot be an issue with the texture itself...I will hopefully solve the problem with the upcoming night lightning.

Thank you for all your kind comments so far!

Last edited:
Country
italy
Hi again jetman. May i help you with my video registered by me about the landing in Marsa alam?

Country
switzerland
Hi Jetman

Looking forward to your scenery. Keep up the good work! Looking at the screenshots, I feel that the ground image is very "yellowish". It misses a certain brown-tone.

In addition, the terrain situation in HEMA is a bit complicated. The airport builings are on a lower level than the apron an the runway. Your intepreration of the airport is rather flat. I know that terrain differences on a airport are difficult to handle. But since it does not apply for the apron and the runway it may be a bit easier.

Looking forward to your appreciated feedback ;)

Best,
Diuhh

Country
switzerland
... and if it is a payware product it may makes sense to add 2 options to have a smooth transition between to the ground image.

1) default texture set
2) FTX Global

Best,
Diuhh

Country
germany
Hi,

although it was a bit quite about Marsa Alam during the past weeks I was still working hard behind the scenes ;-)
Now the night textures are almost entirely done. It is just missing some light over the asphalt areas but this will be solved soon.

As the terrain differences are rather small I decided not to rebuild them in the sim because even it may look nice, it will take too much work for a pretty small effect in the sim. But I ajusted all of the ground colors to a more brown, more realistic look. But this time I will only show the "so far" night textures of the terminal and the surrounding areas.

@Tommie Bloks: If you mean the renderes of the airport service vehicles these a simply kind of "clay-rendering" but with their respective textures.

I will show more as soon as it is ready for presentation ;-)

Country
netherlands
It is really starting to look awesome.

I really like those night textures of the buildings really gives you that nice warm holiday feeling! if you know what i mean.

Will be looking forward to flying into this airport as soon as it is released from AMS!

Gr. Gerben

Country
germany
Thanks for your kind feedback!
Hopefully the airport will be ready sooner than later!