• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Scenery conflict

Country
us-kansas
I am using P3D 4.4 coupled with EZDOK 3, FSUIPS and have used ADE to fine tune airport taxiways. I have used Sketchup to model 3D objects and then convert them with MDX for placement with IS3. For some weird reason whenever my Wichita scenery goes active, aircraft engines shut down or will not start. This is a fairly recent (last several months) problem. All works well away from my scenery. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Mike KICT

Country
us-kansas
Further investigation suggests that Instant Scenery 3 is not compatible with P3Dv4. I used v3 to place objects. Objects show in v4 but causes weird conflicts. Question is, is there a workaround to make objects work in P3Dv4?

Country
us-kansas
Apparently my Instant Scenery Wichita file got corrupted. I started a new file and it works so far.

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
That's an interesting issue.. I use P3Dv3 as my development platform for IS3. Even though it uses FS9 formatted GUIDs, it has always worked just fine in all versions of P3D. I have also never had a BGL conflict with an aircraft. Usually if something is corrupt or broke, the sim just crashes when I try to load in. Your anomaly sounds more like a core file or script issue of some sort.. but I also don't get why using a new file would have fixed it, unless it's pure coincidence? :scratchch

Country
us-kansas
That's an interesting issue.. I use P3Dv3 as my development platform for IS3. Even though it uses FS9 formatted GUIDs, it has always worked just fine in all versions of P3D. I have also never had a BGL conflict with an aircraft. Usually if something is corrupt or broke, the sim just crashes when I try to load in. Your anomaly sounds more like a core file or script issue of some sort.. but I also don't get why using a new file would have fixed it, unless it's pure coincidence? :scratchch

Problem that developed was engines would crank but never start. Just crank, start and die over and over plus some joystick weirdness. Starting over with IS seems to have fixed whatever issue there was. Old scenery was a large file. I wonder if I exceeded some limit on object numbers.