• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Simple Animation

Country
italy
Country
senegal
I've included my working animation with 3ds max sample here with a simple antenna animation.

Attachments

• MSFS_AntennaAnimation.zip
    475.8 KB · Views: 290

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi Devinci,

First, thanks for your example, I download it and see the contents. I have just a little question :
- in MCX your GUID is 69137056-2ec2-45fb-83a8-e1c434bc5224
- if I open in Notepad the xml file, I saw 291d2312-ef05-407a-93b5-6d5719fefe09 for the model

I understand that the GUID (afdeea05-ac22-4520-af64-10483b5ec421) for the animation is different but why this difference between MCX and XML file ? a mistake ?

Country
australia
I've included my working animation with 3ds max sample here with a simple antenna animation.
Hi Devinci,
Thanks for all your help and guidance, I have a question, I am using 3ds max 19 currently and I have added some FSX modeldef tags to the xml file in the model folder but for the life of me, they will not appear in 3ds max when I go to assign them to an animation. Do I need to configure a path or something? Nothing I do will make these appear in the sim.
Many thanks, TJ

Country
senegal
Hi Devinci,
Thanks for all your help and guidance, I have a question, I am using 3ds max 19 currently and I have added some FSX modeldef tags to the xml file in the model folder but for the life of me, they will not appear in 3ds max when I go to assign them to an animation. Do I need to configure a path or something? Nothing I do will make these appear in the sim.
Many thanks, TJ
Check that you have the animation groups setup correctly and exporting.

Last edited:
Country
senegal
how do I do that? is there any documentation or tutorials to aid in doing that? cheers
I'm afraid the documentation is lacking in this. But if you right click on the viewport you can open this window and check if your animation groups. But before that you need to select the object you have animated and Create AnimationGroup from Selection.
ion as
anim1.png

anim2.png

Country
senegal
Hi Devinci,

First, thanks for your example, I download it and see the contents. I have just a little question :
- in MCX your GUID is 69137056-2ec2-45fb-83a8-e1c434bc5224
- if I open in Notepad the xml file, I saw 291d2312-ef05-407a-93b5-6d5719fefe09 for the model

I understand that the GUID (afdeea05-ac22-4520-af64-10483b5ec421) for the animation is different but why this difference between MCX and XML file ? a mistake ?
Didier,
Sorry I just noticed your message since I wasn't quoted. The GUID for the object is 291d2312-ef05-407a-93b5-6d5719fefe09 and for the animation it's afdeea05-ac22-4520-af64-10483b5ec421.
So I think the one you can see in MCX is something else.

Country
italy
Hi @Christian Bahr

I'd like if possible some (not much :D ) help with rigged character animations.

I know you use 3DSMax and I use Blender but hopefully you had the same issue I am having now and can point me in the right direction.

Basically, no matter whatever I do, when I export to MSFS this is the result

It happens with rigged characters, and I can't really manage how to solve this.

Hoping that you went through the same thing, so I know you managed to solve it :D

Thanks in advance

Chris

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi Chris.

Yes that's right. I use 3ds Max and I couldn't think of a better program with which I create all 3-D models and which I also use to create animated people. I have also installed Blender, but I don't use it. So I don't know anything about Blender either.

Generally speaking, I have never had any problems with biped models or with bones models. But whenever I read something about problems somewhere, it was usually an incorrect weighting of the bones to the skin (weight tool). I assume your 3-D model is in FBX format?