Suggestions for Future Version 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon,
when i open an airport i generally rotate the airport so the runways are east/west, or rotate to a given work position......
and most times the terminal is usually in the right position to start work,
anytime I go into "Approach" mode the airport returns to the default setting,
which is fine to check or make changes, but then when i go back into "Airport" mode the airport is still at the default setting!
is there any way ADE can remember my original setting of the rotation i had made? to save me keep on rotating back to my work setting each time :)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Jon,
when i open an airport i generally rotate the airport so the runways are east/west, or rotate to a given work position......
and most times the terminal is usually in the right position to start work,
anytime I go into "Approach" mode the airport returns to the default setting,
which is fine to check or make changes, but then when i go back into "Airport" mode the airport is still at the default setting!
is there any way ADE can remember my original setting of the rotation i had made? to save me keep on rotating back to my work setting each time :)
I have logged this as 10389

Sometimes I would like to load a second instance of ADE

just to watch one project because of the used objects and work on the other one

;)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Sometimes I would like to load a second instance of ADE

just to watch one project because of the used objects and work on the other one

;)
We have that on the list somewhere I just need to find it :eek:

Would it be possible to save the last Save to... and Compile to... locations in the .adn file?

When switching back and forth between several projects it would save having to navigate to a different location on each switch.

cheers,
Lane

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Would it be possible to save the last Save to... and Compile to... locations in the .adn file?

When switching back and forth between several projects it would save having to navigate to a different location on each switch.

cheers,
Lane
Yes but can you give me a bbit more detail - I am not sure how that would help.

Yes but can you give me a bit more detail - I am not sure how that would help.
Happy to.

After opening ABCD_ADE?_LS.ad3 and making edits to ABCD I compile it to <path>\ABCD\scenery.

Then I open EFGH_ADE?_LS.ad3 and make edits. When I compile EFGH ADE remembers my last "compile to" path and wants me to compile to <path>\ABCD\scenery. So I navigate to <path>\EFGH\scenery and compile.

Then say I later go back to ABCD and make edits. When I compile ADE initially points to <path>\EFGH\scenery and I have to navigate to <path>\ABCD\scenery.

If the "compile to" path could be stored in the ad3 file so that every time I open ABCD_ADE?_LS.ad3 and compile ADE points to <path>\ABCD\scenery.

For me having this for "compile to" would be a nice convenience.

As I save all of my ad3 files to the same folder, having this for "save to" would be unnecessary. Other people may save their ad3 files to unique locations.

Hope this is more clear.

cheers,
Lane

Gaiiden

FSDevConf team
Path-specific projects would indeed be a great feature. Example: I used move airport and went to save the airport in the name of the original airport file (not as the moved airport file) and it opened the save folder from my previous saved project, which wasn't the current project, and I clicked on the AD3 file there to set the filename and saved... over my previous loaded project. Luckily I had a backup file. (only 1 letter at the end of the ICAO was different and I was tired...)

But yea, also when switching between projects I do forget to change the compile folder sometimes and end up compiling to a previous project location instead.

And speaking of the above example, I like the fact that Move Airport saves to another file so you can easily revert changes but it is a bit of a pain to have to save back over the original file when you know the move is okay

ADE To View Scenery Without an Airport?

Is there anyway that ADE could be configured so it would open bgl's with scenery but no airport? Viewing the various scenery objects and a way to move, swap or delete them would be really nice. Bob.

... placeable(custom-made) objects (mdl, libs, fx) along a vector-line, with defineable spacing(0-Xm) and orientation, like FenceBuilder, but more in a userfriendly way within the ADE-GUI.
So you can easily place RWY-Lights, fences, powerlines, telefonlines etc.
With the GroundPolyEditor the first step is made...

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
... placeable(custom-made) objects (mdl, libs, fx) along a vector-line, with defineable spacing(0-Xm) and orientation, like FenceBuilder, but more in a userfriendly way within the ADE-GUI.
We do have this on the development list now I think - 10034 and 10039

Gaiiden

FSDevConf team
In the meantime all that (and more like it) is supported in Whisplacer. Then you just import the BGL to ADE...

P.S. if you're interested and need more info PM or email me don't respond here

Status
Not open for further replies.