Suggestions for Future Version 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am trying to say is to allow ADE to skip compiling a spot if it is marked as occupied. But leave the spot in the airport file so it could be reactivated at a future time.

The way I would do it is to ad a checkbox to the edit dialog for parking spots to mark the spot as occupied. During the compiling the compiler could skip the marked spots.

I would also change the color of marked spots. Something like a light green maybe.

By doing this I could move the airplane at a later date and then clear the checkbox in the edit dialog and the spot would be restored.

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Why not set the parking spot radius to 1ft then no AI aircraft would park there?
That would certainly work a lot better than trying to fudge the ADE code I think. You can always find the spots via the List View and also add comments to them if you wish indicating what is there and what you want to do with the spot.

Reversing the action would be easy enough.

No change needed to ADE and you could do this now :)

I tried it. It does not do what I want.

I set the radius to less than 1 ft.

But when I tried to set up a flight the spot still showed in the list of parking spots. I can still start an airplane on that spot.

What I am looking for is to be able to have a static airplane parked at a terminal without actually removing the parking spot from the ADE file. But not allowing the spot to show in the FS parking list.

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You can tell ADE to skip the compile of items now. You need the ProKey and that gives access to a tool called the Raw Data View.

The property called SkipCompile under the ADE Internal Properties can be changed to True. This should stop ADE compiling it while leaving the item in the project file

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi Jon,

No, just the opposite. He want's the spot to remain visible in ADE (but in a special color), but not be compiled to the BGL file. I assume you would have to not compile the parking connector too.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Jon,

No, just the opposite. He want's the spot to remain visible in ADE (but in a special color), but not be compiled to the BGL file. I assume you would have to not compile the parking connector too.
Tom

The spot should remain visible in ADE and yes you are correct that the link also needs to be set to skip compile.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Yes, but there is nothing you can do about that. A parking connector link must have a parking spot to connect to. You would have to add your own markings, if needed.

A thought - perhaps Jon could create a regular taxiway there in the place of the parking connector?

It's soon time for new wishes. Probably I just did not see it in the long list, :

Some FSX extensions are installing their own textures and vectors and it's quite a pain in the back if you want to change sceneries based on such add-ons. Ultimate Terrain is such an example. However, today I just exchanged via the Raw Data View the GUID of the used gravel road into the one UTX used in this scenery and it worked just fine. Nonetheless this requires a lot of scrolling up and down the terrain.cfg where such entries can be seen.

This implemented the idea that it would be great, to have in general all of those addon entries available that are listed in the scenery.cfg. Furthermore, the same should be valid for specific exclusions as otherwise you have to use the general exclusion polys which can cause major need for repairing unwanted side effects. Example: recently I wanted just to exclude the waterpoly of a small pond of UTX and deleted this way a nice portion of the ocean in the vicinity. Furthermore the result looks even worse in FSX without the proper extension (it seems that the deleted waterpoly is even bigger, at least not the same one and not covered by the replacement).

I think the ideal solution would be a tick box where you could choose between standard and extended items.

Jon, would it be possible to interpret the terrain.cfg instead of "just" using the default textures for polys and vectors?

tgibson

Resource contributor
If you do this, I would add a warning that the terrain feature you have chosen is not a default one. Otherwise if the scenery is released, other users may not see it unless they are warned that this scenery requires a certain addon program.

Thanks Jon, this sounds promising. :cool:

If you do this, I would add a warning that the terrain feature you have chosen is not a default one. Otherwise if the scenery is released, other users may not see it unless they are warned that this scenery requires a certain addon program.
Tom, that's what I had in mind with the check box. A further warning could be an additional measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.