Suggestions for Future Version 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a quick search for this and couldn't find anything. Could you have the option of showing the approach lighting as a part of the runway (with the option to disable seeing it). Similar to how you see where the PAPI lights will be when you select PAPI lights.

For example, if I choose a CALVERT approach lighting for my runway, at the end of the runway, you will see a series of dots, small circles, or what have you, showing the CALVERT lighting pattern. And if you opt to have strobes in your lighting, a different dot or circle will appear showing where the lights would be.

Is there anyway that ADE could be configured so it would open bgl's with scenery but no airport? Viewing the various scenery objects and a way to move, swap or delete them would be really nice. Bob.
Hi Jon. I'd still like to be able to view a bgl with scenery at an airport with no airport defined in the bgl. I did not get any answer as to whether this might be possible. Thanks, Bob.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Jon. I'd still like to be able to view a bgl with scenery at an airport with no airport defined in the bgl. I did not get any answer as to whether this might be possible. Thanks, Bob.
Hi Bob

At the moment that is unlikely since ADE is an airport editor but I do have it on the list.

It would be very handy if runways could be placed by defining the coordinates of the threshold (or the displaced threshold) and the bearing.
It would be even better if the "rotate airport" and "move airport" functionalities could work with these two as input.

Reason is that this is usually the readily available data from official data; even when no official data is available, this is usually what the user aims for in GoogleEarth.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
It would be very handy if runways could be placed by defining the coordinates of the threshold (or the displaced threshold) and the bearing.
It would be even better if the "rotate airport" and "move airport" functionalities could work with these two as input.

Reason is that this is usually the readily available data from official data; even when no official data is available, this is usually what the user aims for in GoogleEarth.
We have that on this list :)

excellent piece of work

Please place a Maximize Minimize button on Each popup window. Something happened and now ALL windows are Maximized, File Open, save, save-as, compile etc. The only icon in the upper left corner is the X to close it. This occurs only in ADE, I checked most of my software and it only happens here.

I love the program, a excellent piece of work!

PS the other menu items work fine, Only under the FILE menu and the compile button (that says Save instead of Building airport ) cause full screen maximized windows.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Please place a Maximize Minimize button on Each popup window. Something happened and now ALL windows are Maximized, File Open, save, save-as, compile etc. The only icon in the upper left corner is the X to close it. This occurs only in ADE, I checked most of my software and it only happens here.

I love the program, a excellent piece of work!

PS the other menu items work fine, Only under the FILE menu and the compile button (that says Save instead of Building airport ) cause full screen maximized windows.
We can't - those windows are controlled by Windows itself and not by ADE - we are unable to change the contents of these. ADE popups are fixed size. I am not sure what happens in your case but if you re-size those using the mouse then the re-size probably be remembered.

When you have settled in to your new home and the egg production is running smoothly, could you consider an "import/export" option for GP lines and polygons?

This would be most useful when two peaple are working on an airport, one adding GPs and one adding other items.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
When you have settled in to your new home and the egg production is running smoothly, could you consider an "import/export" option for GP lines and polygons?

This would be most useful when two peaple are working on an airport, one adding GPs and one adding other items.
OK - another one for the list

Status
Not open for further replies.