• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX GE View 2: HttpX 2.0 and EarthProxy 1.2 FSX thru P3D v3

Country
thailand
Just installed GoogleEarth Pro 7.3.1.4505 (64-bit) and everything works fine. Bob

Country
us-connecticut
I'm running Google Earth Pro 7.3.1.4505 (32-bit) and it works fine. What Flight Sim version do you use?

Several critical things to check:

1) the XML gauge Compound_Rotation.xml was properly installed and is open in Flight Sim. If you see the blue "GE VIEW" window that shows 8 flight parameters (Airspeed thru Longitude), then that one is good

2) HttpX.dll was properly installed and is loaded. With Flight Sim running, open your web browser and type http://localhost:54321/version in the URL and hit Enter. You should get a new page and see "2.0" in the upper left corner. If you do see that, then HttpX.dll was installed and is loaded.

3) Make sure Fly-To speed is set to about 4.5 in Google Earth

Hi Bob,
I am using FSX Deluxe 10.0.61637.0
1) yes, GE VIEW window appears and has all 8 flight parameters and they do track the plane movements.
2) Unfortunately not, I get:
This site can't be reached
localhost refused to connect
Search Google for localhost 5431 version
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
3) Yes Fly-To speed is set to 4.5 in Google Earth

Country
us-connecticut
Hi Bob,
I am using FSX Deluxe 10.0.61637.0
1) yes, GE VIEW window appears and has all 8 flight parameters and they do track the plane movements.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
3) Yes Fly-To speed is set to 4.5 in Google Earth

Sorry for the misspelling above, I did type in correctly 54321 in the web browser

Country
thailand
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

HttpX.dll is not loaded. That's a fatal problem

Re-check your dll.xml to make sure that the path to HttpX.dll is proper. You can also try making a new folder in Microsoft Flight Simulator X called Modules2. Place HttpX.dll in there, and go back to dll.xml and make sure it says <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules2\HttpX.dll</Path>

The next time you run Flight Sim, it should ask for your permission to run HttpX.dll as the sim opens up

Last edited:
Country
us-connecticut
HttpX.dll is not loaded. That's a fatal problem

Re-check your dll.xml to make sure that the path to HttpX.dll is proper. You can also try making a new folder in Microsoft Flight Simulator X called Modules2. Place HttpX.dll in there, and go back to dll.xml and make sure it says <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules2\HttpX.dll</Path>

The next time you run Flight Sim, it should ask for your permission to run HttpX.dll as the sim opens up
I have included the entire path but still no luck. I am attaching the dll.xml file , maybe you can see something in it that I don't. Now I am going to try to create a new folder as suggested.... could not attach it so here is a copy...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
<Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>RAASPRO</Name>
<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
<Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>HttpX</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\HttpX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\XMLTools.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Country
us-connecticut
I have included the entire path but still no luck. I am attaching the dll.xml file , maybe you can see something in it that I don't. Now I am going to try to create a new folder as suggested.... could not attach it so here is a copy...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
<Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>RAASPRO</Name>
<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
<Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>HttpX</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\HttpX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>XMLTools</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\XMLTools.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
Bob, I created Modules2, placed HttpX.dll in there and in dll.xml made the path <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules2\HttpX.dll</Path>
When I started FSX it did ask permission to run HttpX.dll and I hit yes, then asked to designate as trusted, again yes.
Launched EarthProxy, Start,Open KML file and Google Earth appeared but still would not fly to Tampa airport, any other suggestion? Thanks

Country
thailand
To make sure HttpX is working, try http://localhost:54321/version again. You should see "2.0"

Also, take a look at response #17 in this thread.

Beyond that, I don't know. I see that you have "Flight Recorder", RAASPRO", VistaMare Core", "SODE Animation Module", and "FSUIPC 4" also running. Maybe one of those has a conflict with HttpX, but I cannot be sure.

BTW - did you download the version of HttpX from this thread? It is 487 KB in size, and Earth Proxy version is 1.2

Country
us-connecticut
To make sure HttpX is working, try http://localhost:54321/version again. You should see "2.0"

Also, take a look at response #17 in this thread.

Beyond that, I don't know. I see that you have "Flight Recorder", RAASPRO", VistaMare Core", "SODE Animation Module", and "FSUIPC 4" also running. Maybe one of those has a conflict with HttpX, but I cannot be sure.

BTW - did you download the version of HttpX from this thread? It is 487 KB in size, and Earth Proxy version is 1.2
Still no luck with the localhost:54321

I looked at response #17 and the flight simulator tracker is checked in my google window too.

Yes, HttpX and Earth Proxy were downloaded from this thread and I checked that HttpX is 487 KB and Earth Proxy is version 1.2

As to those programs, I must confess my ignorance, I don't know what they are or how to close them, That is how I got the computer from a friend. Any suggestion on how to close them? I am running Windows 10 64 bit.

I am really sad that I cannot run Google Earth with FSX, I wanted to fly over my far away birthplace too. In any event I want to thank you for the time and effort you have spent in trying to help me, thanks Bob I really appreciate it!!

Country
thailand
As to those programs, I must confess my ignorance, I don't know what they are or how to close them, That is how I got the computer from a friend. Any suggestion on how to close them? I am running Windows 10 64 bit.
sure ... just find the .dll file for them (the dll.xml file will show you the file path) and edit the file name to add something like".old" For example, ViMaCoreX.dll becomes ViMaCoreX.dll.old.
And ... just to double check, Compound_Rotation.xml is installed, right? and line 19 of that file is
Code:
54321 (>C:HTTP:port)

[edit] Actually, I suppose you could accomplish that more easily by making those edits to the file names in dll.xml. ;)

Last edited:
Country
thailand
Because FSX asked permission to run HttpX.dll after you moved the file into Modules2, then your dll.xml is good and the module is loading. Maybe it is a conflict with the other modules. Try turning them off one-by-one.

Windows 10 64-bit is what I run, too. That, by itself, isn't the problem either

Country
us-connecticut
sure ... just find the .dll file for them (the dll.xml file will show you the file path) and edit the file name to add something like".old" For example, ViMaCoreX.dll becomes ViMaCoreX.dll.old.
And ... just to double check, Compound_Rotation.xml is installed, right? and line 19 of that file is
Code:

[edit] Actually, I suppose you could accomplish that more easily by making those edits to the file names in dll.xml. ;)
Thanks again, I will stop those programs one at a time and let you know what happens.

Yes, Compound_Rotation.xml is installed, in line 19 I replaced the word "port" with 10023 which is the Proxy Port in EarthProxy, is that right?

Country
us-connecticut
Thanks again, I will stop those programs one at a time and let you know what happens.

Yes, Compound_Rotation.xml is installed, in line 19 I replaced the word "port" with 10023 which is the Proxy Port in EarthProxy, is that right?
Yes,when I moved HttpX.dll into Modules2 folder, FSX did ask permission to run and I clicked yes.

Country
thailand
in line 19 I replaced the word "port" with 10023 which is the Proxy Port in EarthProxy, is that right?

No ..... Line 19 must be:
Code:

and when you execute Earth Proxy, HttpX Port: should be 54321, which is the default value.

Change line 19 back to
Code:
and I think GE View will finally work for you. Hope you enjoy flying over your birthplace! If the Google earth images are good, it should be a lot of fun.

Bob

Last edited:
Country
us-connecticut
No ..... Line 19 must be:
Code:

and when you execute Earth Proxy, HttpX Port: should be 54321, which is the default value.

Change line 19 back to
Code:
and I think GE View will finally work for you. Hope you enjoy flying over your birthplace! If the Google earth images are good, it should be a lot of fun.

Bob
Hi Bob, IT WORKS!! I am a little embarrassed at my mistake but very happy that it works and very grateful for your help. I was able to fly over the house I was born , it is still there!, and the entire village, well now it is a city, it was a lot of fun and I owe it all to you. Not to mention that in the process I learned a thing or two about these programs, you can teach an old dog new tricks! Bob, if you have a "Donate" account please let me know, I would like to contribute to show my gratitude in more than just words.
Thanks again for all your help and patience.
Lino

Country
thailand
Hi Bob, IT WORKS!! Bob, if you have a "Donate" account please let me know, I would like to contribute to show my gratitude in more than just words. Lino
Hi Lino,

Thanks for your kind words and I'm very happy that you can see how your city has grown using Google Earth and Flight Sim. This is a fascinating diversion from normal Flight Sim VFR flight, isn't it?

I do not have a personal Donate page, but I have an idea. All of us that use FSDeveloper.com get significant value out of it. More value out than we put in, usually. So, would you consider making a donation to support this website? Information is found here. I know the Administrators would be grateful, in fact, all of the user community would be.

Bob

Country
us-connecticut
Hi Lino,

Thanks for your kind words and I'm very happy that you can see how your city has grown using Google Earth and Flight Sim. This is a fascinating diversion from normal Flight Sim VFR flight, isn't it?

I do not have a personal Donate page, but I have an idea. All of us that use FSDeveloper.com get significant value out of it. More value out than we put in, usually. So, would you consider making a donation to support this website? Information is found here. I know the Administrators would be grateful, in fact, all of the user community would be.

Bob
Absolutely, will do it right now. Thanks again,
Lino

Country
us-connecticut
Absolutely, will do it right now. Thanks again,
Lino
Done and will contribute from time to time as I appreciate the work that you guys do.

One more question if I may, I was reading some of the forum messages and I am so intrigued by these xml and dll files etc, is there a basic primer on this site for novices like me? I am a retired mechanical/electrical engineer but programming has always fascinated me, I was pretty good at the old Fortran and I would like to learn these newer languages. Thanks,
Lino

Country
france
really we move forward ...
now google earth move ...but is n't my airplanes location
the longitude and lattitude of google earth stay to 000.00
I saw a thread about this point I will search