• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender to FSX - basic tutorial video.

Country
wales
Here's a very basic video tutorial on how to make a simple 3-D model in Blender (2.79), add textures and export in Collada format before converting it into a scenery BGL with ModelConverterX (thanks Arno!) and installing in FSX. It's aimed at the enthusiastic newcomer to Blender who wants to start modelling scenery, taking a step-by-step approach. Hopefully, you should be able to shorten the learning curve a little with help from the tutorial - good luck!

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
Thanks for taking the time to create this video! I'm sure it'll be of use to many would-be developers who are coming to grips with the power of Blender + FSX/P3D. I do have a couple of comments that might make it easier for your viewers:

1. It's not necessary to have lights in your scene at all in order to create FSX objects. When I'm setting up a new Blender installation, one of the first things I do is delete the default light and camera, then save the scene as the startup. That way the extraneous objects don't get in the way.

2. Once you've selected a texture for your material, a reference to it is already loaded into blender. So when you then go to the UV editor, you don't have to load it again from scratch, you can just select it from the list of existing textures.

Those are a couple of things I thought might help. Thanks again!

Country
wales
Many thanks, Bill - 2 good points - and it was rather a labour of love!
By the way, will you be at the Orbx stand at Cosford again this October? Sadly, Bob Sidwick won't make it - he'll be missed.
Take care - Dai.

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
Many thanks, Bill - 2 good points - and it was rather a labour of love!
By the way, will you be at the Orbx stand at Cosford again this October? Sadly, Bob Sidwick won't make it - he'll be missed.
Take care - Dai.

I'm planning on being there, provided circumstances cooperate. It should be a good time - especially now that it's been expanded to 2 days.

Country
pakistan
I THINK SO THERE IS THINGS DESCRIBED IN KPGAMESMOD BLENDER2FSX TUTORIAL FROM A TO Z BUT WHERE IS THE LIGHT AND EFFECT TUTORIAL WE CAN FIND

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Please do not use all CAPITALS on the forums. This is considered to be rude to others.

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
HOW TO WE CAN ADD LIGHTS TO AND OBJECT IN BLENDER IFOR FSX

Look at the addition of lighting for FSX (only apply to this sim in this response) as having the building, placing your textures on it which will be daylight and then copying the same textures, making them look like they have lights emitted i.e. long tube with little colour then for night the copy picture (texture) with bright yellow paint on the tube (I Know its not actually right but its an example in its simple terms). You are creating daylight textures and textures that are repainted to look like they are night time with shadow and light capture parts that mimic light basically fsx then swoops day textures for night textures.

When you make light textures or use download light textures for use in blender which then will go to FSX you make 2 sets of the textures - one day, one night. If you are using blender to to create a lit scene the light effects you add in blender i.e. spot light, refection plane etc are NOT transferred to fsx