• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender2FSX After Blender 2.75a Crash (CLOSED)

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hi FSX3D!

I figured out what you have to do to attache "no crash" to very small object with out having an XToMDL error.

Step 1. create your small object and texture it.
Step 2. create a cube. Do not apply a texture to it. Next apply "No Crash" to Cube.
Step 3. Parent the cube to your small object.
Step 4. Select your items to be exported and export.

I have attached my test blender file to this post.

Thanks, Kris

Attachments

• TreeTest.zip
    126.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Country
norway
I Beg your sir! Can you make it so we can change the path of FSX File Properties? I have the steam edition witch has everything FSX has. When i went into the file to change path its so confusing and i have no idea how to do so? When i run the Initialize Toolset i get an error. Ive been trying to fix this for like 5 hours now and i give up. I have over 3 years wanted to learn to model my own planes. Got so happy got everything setup and i find out its not supported or atleast not able to change the path for my SDK.. Keep up the great work! And i hope that you can allow us to change the path or if you can realease one that looks after the steam one. Also i use a G: hardrive not the C: one. So if u make it allow for us to change hard drive path aswell! :D

Country
unitedstates
Hi everyone!

Ok, I just attached a new zip file for the Blender2FSX tool set to this thread. (See first post) I have found a problem with Blender 2.77a when it installs add-ons for the first time. It will not create a "Compiled Python File" for more than on module in a add-on when the add-on is fist installed. So if you have used Blender2FSX before you will have no problem installing it with the zip file. But if you are installing Blender2FSX for the fist time. You will need to follow the these steps.

1. Start Blender then click on the "File" tab.
2. Next click on the "User Preferences" (See Image 1)
3. Now Click on "Add-Ons" tab. And then under "Supported Level" click "Testing" tab.(See Image 2)
4. Next at the bottom of the "User Preferences" page click on "Install From File" tab.(See Image 3)
5. Now navigate to where you have your Blender2FSX .zip file and select it.
6. Next click on "Install From File" tab. (See Image 4)
7. Now in the "User Preferences" Page you will see one module of the Blender2FSX add-on "FSX Materials. Click on it to check it. (See page 5)
8. Next click on the "Save User Settings" button and then close the "User Preferences Page"
9. Close Blender.
10. Now re-start blender and go to "User Prefernces", add-on tab page again. Follow steps 1, 2, and 3.
11. You should see now 3 modules in the the window but only FSX Materials is checked. (See Page 6)
12. Click and check the other 2 modules and then click on "Save User Settings".
13. Close the "User Preferences" window and close and re-start Blender. You are now ready to go.

Thanks, Kris :)

Alrighty, so my 10th time attempting to just get past the install process. After following the instructions directly as posted here, this is the message I'm receiving when I try to initialize the toolsets.

I'm running blender 2.78 on a windows 10 operating system which utilizes the same file paths as windows 7 and 8.1. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Initialize Toolset error.png
    Initialize Toolset error.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 358

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Alrighty, so my 10th time attempting to just get past the install process. After following the instructions directly as posted here, this is the message I'm receiving when I try to initialize the toolsets.

I'm running blender 2.78 on a windows 10 operating system which utilizes the same file paths as windows 7 and 8.1. Any thoughts?

You have the SDK installed there?

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I haven't moved or done anything with the SDK at this point. Mind you I am brand new to working with FSX so if there is something I need to know regarding the SDK, let me know.

Well, the toolset won't work if you don't have the SDK installed. If you have FSX installed, that doesn't mean that automatically the SDK is present.

Country
canada
I haven't moved or done anything with the SDK at this point. Mind you I am brand new to working with FSX so if there is something I need to know regarding the SDK, let me know.
Just to be clear - you have the deluxe version of FSX and you installed the SDK separately on your computer (Disk 2 FSX - I think)

edit: never mind beat me to it.

Country
unitedstates
Just to be clear - you have the deluxe version of FSX and you installed the SDK separately on your computer (Disk 2 FSX - I think)

edit: never mind beat me to it.

I have FSX Deluxe and the Acceleration expansion. I was under the impression that the SDK installed automatically but I could very well be mistaken on that.

Country
canada
I have FSX Deluxe and the Acceleration expansion. I was under the impression that the SDK installed automatically but I could very well be mistaken on that.
Also the Acceleration pack has an update to the SDK (I think) - check the Acceleration disk. There are new features to Simconnect etc for acceleration.

Country
malta
Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone has a particular issue regarding v.86 plugin. I started experiencing zbias issues where single polys are concerned, you know the usual flickering between 2 polys close to each other. The problem is I did not get this problem when compiling with v.084 by CaptX. The problem is also occuring between 'thin' 3D meshes. If I compile the same model with v.84 the problem goes away.
Also one other question I have both FSX and P3D plugins installed. When I enable the FSX material check box the P3d one enables itself as well. Should this be happening or is there something wrong?

Thanks in advance
Daniel

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hi Danchircop!

I have not seen that issue yet. That I know of I did not change any code that would have a problem with Zbias. But I did convert the version that Rhon did for P3D for FSX. Is anyone else having this Issue?

Thanks, Kris

Country
malta
Hi Kris thanks for the reply. Perhaps if someone has done something similar or else can do a simple test just to check it out.

Thanks
Daniel