FSX Help with airport elevations

Hello,
I have a problem with elevations in the airport I'm developing. It's an airfield that is not included by default, so I have to make it from scratch.
As it's in the middle of the countryside, there are little elevation variations and when I try to place the runway with Instant Scenery it flickers unless I put it like floating 20cm over the ground.
But that is a problem because I would need to make the whole thing floating. So my question is how can I make the airport and surrounding elevations uniformly, so like a square surrounding of 2km is everywhere 50m high.
Thank you in advance!
Kind Regards.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
I don't know exactly how Global Mapper works. Did it just flatten the height map?
That won't work as there will be some variation remaining. Sounds like that's what you have.

You need to compile it as a vector polygon using shp2vec. For example SBuilderX or ADE can do this.

I don't know exactly how Global Mapper works. Did it just flatten the height map?
That won't work as there will be some variation remaining. Sounds like that's what you have.

You need to compile it as a vector polygon using shp2vec. For example SBuilderX or ADE can do this.
What I did is like a square that has this height, in my case of 49m, and no little variations.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
OK. But you need one compiled as vector.
For example you draw a polygon in SBuilderX and assign the correct height to it. Then set it to "AB_Flatten" and compile it.