• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 KRSW

Country
germany
For those of you that do ground poly terrain, I highly suggest checking out @gadgets AFLT4 . Makes doing lights over ground polys a lot easier! I gotta see about replacing the models that fit better with the scenery, but setting up the lights is a snap. The only thing i found though is that if I open up the airport in AFLT4 using the ADE version, it rounds the direction, whereas if I save it in AFX first then in AFLT it lines up. So, I did the entire AFCAD in ADE, exported it, then opened it up in AFX , then re-exported it so i could have it lined up in AFLT4. An extra step, but worth it.... Torn though between using effects or Bgl lights....Effects look better imo, but the cost is FPS as they do take a noticeable hit, whereas BGL lights don't. @gaputz , this is what I was talking about...
Scrshot058.jpg
Scrshot059.jpg
Scrshot060.jpg
Scrshot061.jpg
Scrshot062.jpg

Country
germany
Started the tedious process of accurately placing the lighting. The blue taxi lights so far have been accurately placed...Placed them using AFLT4 and MyFSGoogleEarth. It is a royal PITA but I think the results are worth it...I also decided to go with the effects as using the BGL lighting, I didn't have the range of lights I wanted.
Scrshot063.jpg
Scrshot064.jpg
Scrshot065.jpg

Country
germany
Continuing with the lighting, but I realized when I started the lighting that I am going to have to redo the markings as when I measured in GE the dimensions, I forgot to turn off terrain, so my markings are not matching up...DOH!

Country
germany
@Airbasil Honestly, I haven't touched the runway stuff yet. When I imported the AFCAD to AFLT it had the lights and approach lighting already there. The runway lighting is the next thing on the list once the edge lighting is done on the main apron.

Country
germany
According to the NOTAMs the minimum altitude is 3000ft until past the Fort Myers Beach shoreline....FS had me at 2000ft the night before....

Country
germany
So, V3 of the ground poly...did something different this time. Instead of having the asphalt detail on top, I am doing the airport poly on top. Runway, taxi, and aprons have a 60% gray alpha so the asphalt detail can show thru...I think it more realistic this way. I do have a problem though, and I cannot figure out what is going on. If I map each quad to a texture for the airport poly, the very edges get some type of distortion going on. If I map it one pixel in, it gets worse, and if i map it one pixel more I get the image not lining up....Anyone experience this?
Scrshot001.jpg
Scrshot003.jpg
Scrshot004.jpg
Scrshot005.jpg
Scrshot006.jpg

Country
germany
why did you change it? now you need to redo all the Markings again which you allready completed allmost... isn't that double the work to do so?
For my taste, i liked it more, before you changed the poly's...
After seeing the higher res photos while doing the lights, I realized that
A) Some of the taxi line positions were off by several feet
B) The lines were not accurate in the way they were mapped/placed

Country
germany
Found the perfect way to line up the ground to where it is supposed to be....Since I placed the taxiway lights exactly where they are supposed to be in GE, it made lining up the ground poly a snap!
Scrshot011.jpg

Country
switzerland
Looks cool... and i am proud of what you achieved since you started doing it...
can't wait to see it, when the poly is all resharpened again from blurryness and when all the lines and markings are readded again.

You're doing a very good job on that one!