• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Triggering Hangar door animation in SimObject by distance?

Country
poland
Not here. I just resorted to having a fixed animation, opening and closing doors every couple of minutes. Could not make an acceptable triggered animation.

Not perfect but I could imagine this being feasible with an emmissive light flashing left and/or right of the doors that indicates like half a minute in advance before the doors are closing.
Flashing controlled simply by having the light moving back and forth through a lightbox or the hangar wall. If both animations are not random they should match, but haven't tried that myself yet.

Country
germany
In the SDK Q/A they confirmed, that material based animation is a matter of change at present. It will change in the future but they said they cannot define a point in time when this will work. The peole in this threat tried so many things but nobody has reported success until today...

Country
germany
If it wasn't a dream I saw a hangar door open in Gaya LOWW once. But with some animated plane that moves there. The plane moves inside and the door is closing.

I could double-check if you want.

Country
germany
Ok, it wasnt a dream. But seems more like an endless loop than triggered by location. It goes on and on. So not what you need

unknown.png

unknown.png

Country
germany
Well as I mentioned before, what I was able to do is to start and stop looping animation like this by using the distance functionality that's automatically available by the airplane that's use in the current flight. In my example I used an animated flag that I put in front of a hangar. When closer than 100 meters it was animated, in greater distance it stopped. So to say "standard aninmation" for material works.
See https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...n-in-simobject-by-distance.451392/post-876527
and Romans post with the coding after that as well...
Your example is almost the same as what's going on in the msfs menue of the pilots hangar. These hangar doors are opening and closing in a loop...

Last edited:
Country
germany
Well as I mentioned before, what I was able to do is to start and stop looping animation like this by using the distance functionality that's automatically available by the airplane that's use in the current flight. In my example I used an animated flag that I put in front of a hangar. When closer than 100 meters it was animated, in greater distance it stopped. So to say "standard aninmation" for material works.
See https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...n-in-simobject-by-distance.451392/post-876527
and Romans post with the coding after that as well...
Your example is almost the same as what's going on in the msfs menue of the pilots hangar. These hangar doors are opening and closing in a loop...

Yes, I've mentioned that it's not what you need :)

At time of my first post I wasn't sure how it works. Then I checked and saw that it's a loop.. Just posted to follow upy earlier post.

So, almost like a simulation.

It's a loop yes. No interaction is happening, as far i see. It's quite a long animation though. It cycles through at least 3 or 4 different planes going in and out.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I don't own that scenery, but if it is a long animation, I would suspect it is a script.

Country
italy
check the LOWW folders
if the hangar's doors are a simobjects you can grab the .xml file and you can see if there are some specific conditions or parameters
otherwise it's a simple scenery object wich can only open/close the doors (in loop or not) ;)

Country
finland
Is there anything new on this topic - are there new ways to trigger the hangar door animations? You aircraft distance from the door, a specific frequency set on one of the com radios or some other working solution? I have made animated hangar doors that open on a specific time in the morning and close again in the evening, but would like some more refined control over the doors.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Scripting allows proximity triggers, but I am ignorant as to how to implement that. I think you can define a rectangle? and that triggers some condition based on the user's aircraft.. But I don't know if the scenery SimObject allows for a variable to be set or unset by this. I would think if true, this should be able to be used in a WorldScript. I'm also ignorant concerning WASM which I believe has already been used in this manner.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Imo, Dicks joystick trigger couldn't be more refined unless you renamed "yoke," to "open sesame."

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Attached is a zip file containing all the spb references to proximity triggers in the standard FSX. It might help... A proximity trigger would be great to implement.

Attachments

• FSX-proximitytriggers.zip
    181 KB · Views: 80
Country
italy
Confirm that proximity works in msfs2020 with worldscript. There are already some working samples from known commercial vendors

But
Are there any real life "proximity" hangar?
Isn't that unsafe? I mean, who in the world will install a PIR opening hangar system? So everyone can walk in front of it and enter 😊

Just curious, always trying to replicate the real world

Country
finland
Well, no, not that a hangar door would open by proximity irl, but as you can not get out of the plane, walk to the hangar, unlock the door and open it you need some clever way of opening. Maybe hiding the yoke is better, don't know...

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I think a menu item would be nice. Maybe enter a numeric code so you don't open a dozen doors when the airport has more than one open-door hangar?

Country
germany
Hey, yes I used the hide/unhide function of the ruder to copen/close the hangar doors. Check out my video:
I don't habe access to my dev system right now but I think the coding is already avaibable in previous messages of the thread.
Regards Guido

Country
canada
Just thinking.... :)NovaSim, an old app for FSX I made 22+ years ago... it had an option to open/close a door base on a radio frequency. I wonder if this is possible now, I don't have any idea on how to do it with the actual code used on FS2020.

Country
finland
Yes, in FSX/P3D you could trigger runway lights on airports with pilot-controlled lights by setting some specific frequency. I hope that this will be implemented in MSFS2020 too some day. It would be a nice option for triggering animations too!